In this interview, Annette Stepanian and I talk all about how she uses email marketing to sell legal services to creatives.
- Annette’s career trajectory — how she started as a lawyer, pivoted and became a jewelry designer, and finally merged both loves and now is an attorney for creatives,
- What role email marketing plays in her business,
- How email allows her to scale up 1:1 communication with her prospects as well as customers,
- The common mistake many business owners make by not emailing their audience regularly and the impact that it has,
- Why email marketing is such an intimate marketing channel,
- Annette’s strategy of paying attention to where others are paying attention,
- Why she believes it’s her responsibility to create multiple touchpoints for her audience,
- How she gets over the feeling that she’s “spamming” her subscribers,
- Finding a happy medium between promoting and adding value,
- When Annette decided to move from Mailchimp to ActiveCampaign,
- How she comes up with content ideas (including a brilliant survey + phone call strategy),
- Why creating evergreen content helps you maximize value from anything you publish,
- The reason Annette decided to create a podcast,
- Ways to be consistent with your content without having to write a ton,
- Segmentation, segmentation, segmentation,
- And so much more.
Check it out: there are SO many good things in here that you can apply to your own marketing efforts.